Reply To: Discussion Forum 1

Home Forums Module 1 Forum Discussion Forum 1 Reply To: Discussion Forum 1

My name is Yasmin Garcia, I am a Mexican Biomedical Engineer with a Master in Sciences on Rehabilitation Science and Technology.
I work at the Pan American Health Organization, regional office as International Professional Consultant for Assistive Technology and I am currently supporting rehabilitation activities as well.

My experience is in implementing AT capacity assessments in the Caribbean, supporting systematic assessments of the rehabilitation situation in the Caribbean, and supporting the developing of national strategic plan for rehab and AT, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
I also implemented a regional consultation on the regulatory situation of assistive products in the Americas as part of my work at PAHO.
Previous to my work in PAHO, I worked for Momentum Wheels for Humanity as Technical Advisor for project implementation, product design and development, product sourcing for CLASP and coordination of the Product Advisory Council for few time.
My role at PAHO is in providing technical support to countries to strengthen rehabilitation services and access to AT.

From this course I expect to increase my leadership skills, gain confidence in my knowledge and experience to become an effective leader in the sector. Learn more about systems thinking and strategies to guide teams in the design, plan and implementation of new policies and rehab and AT programs to increase access to these two health interventions.