Exercise 1

Home Forums Module 1 Forum Exercise 1

Tagged: 

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      kbalsara
      Keymaster

What is “rehabilitation?” Think about the first word(s) that come to your mind when thinking about rehabilitation. Share with your classmates.

[email protected]
      Participant

to enhance and restore functional ability

[email protected]
      Participant

If I need to say one word it would be an “ACTION”.
      If I can say one sentence: Rehabilitation helps people lead active lifestyles. Comprehensive care helps to get people a better version of themselves, whether healthy or with disease. Taking action is the beginning of rehabilitation.

[email protected]
      Participant

Rehabilitation is a set of interventions for optimal functioning, better quality of life and participation

Physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercises. These are the words that come first to my mind, but I know rehab is much more than this…

[email protected]
      Participant

its the action of helping someone,recovering from sicknes,addiction,imprionsment through training so that he comes to normal

[email protected]
      Participant

Start life again, enhance optimal functioning

[email protected]
      Participant

its restoring someone functioning,normaly to recover health through training,counseling after imprisonment,addiction or injury or illnes

[email protected]
      Participant

enable someone to regain their lost ability or function so as to live a more meaningful life which contributes to the development of his or her community.

[email protected]
      Participant

As a physiotherapist, the first word that comes to mind that matches with REHABILITATION is RECOVERY.

[email protected]
      Participant

The first words that come to mind when I think of Rehabilitation are; “Restoration”, “Recovery”, “Renewing functionability”

[email protected]
      Participant

When i think about Rehabilitation , the first words that come to my mind are hope, recovery, restoration, etc. Generally, a multifaceted and transformative process that restores hope, rebuilds lives, and empowers individuals to overcome challenges and achieve their goals.

[email protected]
      Participant

the action of restoring someone to health or normal life through training and therapy after imprisonment, addiction, or illness.
      it is a process soothing to the heart.

[email protected]
      Participant

Rehabilitation is the process of restoring and recovery of individuals health as a result live a fulfilled life.

[email protected]
      Participant

If i need to put a first word(s) thinking on REHABILITATION, that would be “OPTIMIZE FUNCTIONING”

[email protected]
      Participant

Recovering

Zaynab Khalfan
      Participant

My pop up thinking when hearing rehabilitation is “repairing”

As indicated, rehabilitation is a set of interventions aiming to promote and/or improve people’s active lives through medical, social, and assistive technology services. Its ultimate goal is to enhance people’s quality of life, increase life expectancy, and contribute to socio-economic development.

[email protected]
      Participant

For me, it’s “Creating accessibility”—to care, recover, and rehabilitate back into the day-to-day life

[email protected]
      Participant

The first thing that comes to mind with “rehabilitation” is restoring normal function. Assessing a person’s functional mobility and identifying underlying causes that contribute to anything less than full function. Identofying the problem list that contributes to any decreased function, and then goals and a plan to improve, restore and adapt to maximize rehabilitation potential

[email protected]
      Participant

Rehabilitation involves activities designed to optimize functioning and reduce disability in persons with health conditions.

Hoang Thuy Dung
      Participant

When thinking about rehabilitation, the first words that come to mind are Recovery and Improve quality of life.

Raymond Tweheyo
      Participant

restoration to normal function

[email protected]
      Participant

Rehabilitation to me is giving A second chance to live to an individual

Samuel Lagu
      Participant

Thanks a lot colleagues, Rehabilitation is defined differently by many scholars and academicians, health practitioners and other bodies. However, according to World Health Organization rehabilitation is as a set of interventions, designed to optimize functioning and reduce disability in individuals with health conditions as they interact with their environment. Locally and in some communities rehabilitation is looked at as, the processes involved in repairing broken body parts, eyes, among others. Rehabilitation helps a person to be active and productive in all spheres of life.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.