Introduction Module 1

Home Forums Module 1 Forum Introduction Module 1

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My name is Yasmin Garcia, I am a Mexican Biomedical Engineer with a Master in Sciences on Rehabilitation Science and Technology.
      I work at the Pan American Health Organization, regional office as International Professional Consultant for Assistive Technology and I am currently supporting rehabilitation activities as well.

My experience is in implementing AT capacity assessments in the Caribbean, supporting systematic assessments of the rehabilitation situation in the Caribbean, and supporting the developing of national strategic plan for rehab and AT, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
      I also implemented a regional consultation on the regulatory situation of assistive products in the Americas as part of my work at PAHO.
      Previous to my work in PAHO, I worked for Momentum Wheels for Humanity as Technical Advisor for project implementation, product design and development, product sourcing for CLASP and coordination of the Product Advisory Council for few time.
      My role at PAHO is in providing technical support to countries to strengthen rehabilitation services and access to AT.

From this course I expect to increase my leadership skills, gain confidence in my knowledge and experience to become an effective leader in the sector. Learn more about systems thinking and strategies to guide teams in the design, plan and implementation of new policies and rehab and AT programs to increase access to these two health interventions.

Hi all ! My name is Hoeung HEAM. You can call me Hoeung. I am from Cambodia. Currently, I am Chair of the Cambodia Physical Therapy Association (CPTA). I have about 22 years experience working directly and indirectly in rehabilitation sector in my country. I first started with an international organization as a physiotherapy for center and community-based rehabilitation in the Eastern part of the country with later two promoted positions. However, in 2010, I moved to another international organization with a new role as a rehabilitation project manager where I took 50% of my time overseeing a rehabilitation center providing service to an about 2 million population geographic area, and another 50% for working with national governmental and nongovernmental stakeholders. I learnt a lot from this my role and responsibilities for that almost two years before turning myself to be an academic student once again. In 2015, I started to work more on program management, project evaluation, and research in health, rehabilitation, and disability. Presently, represent CPTA, I am working with working group of the Ministry of Health to develop health guidelines and policies for hospital management and service, including rehabilitation.

I am very happy to be selected to this course. I hope that after the completion of this course, I will be able to:
      1) understand better the of rehabilitation in health system, including the principles and theories behind,
      2) Learn cost-effective models have been experimented and used that potentially be replicate in Cambodia,
      3) Build network and strong support from rehabilitation in health system peers, academia, agencies, alliances
      4) Learn where to obtain good resources (evidence-based data and research articles) that I can be used for supporting my work on advocacy for rehabilitation in health system, for policy development, designing of program, and for guideline and working procedure development, and informing implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation.
      5) to learn from all participants as well as sharing with them what I have had or experienced.

[email protected]
      Participant

Hello everyone. My name is Zolzaya Batdavaajav (you can call me Zola). I am PRM doctor. Currently, selected as a President of Mongolian Society of PRM. I had been working as a national consultant of WHO CO Mongolia. One of my involved works is MOH approved Rehabilitation Action Plan 2021-2026. Also, Disability Inclusive Health Service DIHS toolkit implemented in Mongolia with WHO CO support. I hope, I will learn a lot during this course mostly expected on networking and looking for cost effective models which suitable our country. Thank you.

[email protected]
      Participant

Hello my name is Kerenge Nyakangara Mbogo,iam a pharamacist and a palliative care expert,iam happy being in this course
      i hope i will get skills in rehabilitation,diffrent models used,to know each other and support in aspect of knowledge skills, leadership ,planning to improve access to the community for intervention
      having working in MAT clinic and palliative care rehabilitation it will help in having hollistic approach care to clients and community in need of the rehabilitation services

[email protected]
      Participant

Hello my name is Kerenge Nyakangara Mbogo,from Tanzania iam a pharamacist and a palliative care expert,iam happy being in this course
      i hope i will get skills in rehabilitation,diffrent models used,to know each other and support in aspect of knowledge skills, leadership ,planning to improve access to the community for intervention
      having working in MAT clinic and palliative care rehabilitation it will help in having hollistic approach care to clients and community in need of the rehabilitation services

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.